Hello

My name is Janetti and this is my Blog.
I am passionate about knitting and want to share my efforts with others.

I have been knitting for 2 years.

Wednesday 2 January 2008

My Knitting Year 2007 7


July - August
From the Rowan Summer Magazine, but you wont recognise it in the book! The original pattern has a very pretty but precise lace heart pattern throughout the cardi. This was a nightmare for me as I like to knit whilst normal life goes on around me not in a locked and sound proofed room. needless to say after attempting the pattern several times I started from scratch with a nod in the direction of the lace pattern with 3 lines of ktog / yo repeated on back, arms, & sleeves. the edging is the same as the one on the purple silk and rowan cotton because i knew i could do this. The original pattern called for an angora edging (why ? i don't know, it looked ridiculous in the photo too). This was my first effort in a 4 ply cotton aka knitting with string. Although lengthy to knit I did finish it half way through our summer hols in france and loved the way it draped flatteringly.

No comments: